The Doctorate program
The program includes a curriculum of 3.5-4.5 years of study, which are divided into two parts: research programs, and instructional programs.
The Instructional phase is composed of units, which help students master the latest contents of each field, and strengthen their scientific potentialities to conduct research.
The research phase includes the compilation of the student’s doctoral dissertation and its defense.
Rules and regulations
· Beginning the first semester, a supervisor is liable for guiding the student in preparing his or her thesis.
A supervisor, from among the faculty, is appointed according to the student’s request, and upon the approval of the relevant department in the respective school.
· Thesis Topic:
Along with admission, students are required to initiate and introduce their definite thesis topics by the assistance of their supervisors, and start their research procedure accordingly.
· The total units required to obtain a Doctorial degree are 36 units, from which 12 to 18 units include instructional courses and 18 to 24 units are devoted to thesis research.
· Students must pass each course with a grade of at least 14 out of 20, and the total average grade should be at least 16 out of 20, which is calculated on the basis of grades of passed courses. If the total average is below 16 the student is allowed to take a maximum of one more semester in order to amend the low scores.
· Comprehensive assessment :
The initial procedure for beginning the research program requires an assessment of the candidate’s instructional and research academic performance.
After the instructional phase, subject to confirmation of the school's postgraduate studies board, the candidate should take part in an exam including two or three major lessons selected and approved by the supervisor and its relevant department.
· After compiling his research thesis and upon the supervisor's approval, subject to the eligibility of the thesis achievements (publication of at least two scientific articles in prestigious academic journals with an international index), the candidate is required to defend his thesis in the presence of an academic jury.
· In cases that the dissertation of a candidate is assessed ineligible, he is allowed to make the necessary corrections within 6 months, provided that it does not exceed the permitted study duration, and only once again defend his thesis.
· The maximum permissible study duration for the Doctorate program one half-year, based on the recommendation of the supervisor and relevant department.